Tuesday 21 February 2017

Mouth Watering Baked Banana Oatmeal Recipe

© Maury's Blog


Hello my esteemed readers, do you like eating oatmeal? I love oatmeal, I can eat it for breakfast every day and never be tired of it, because I make it in many different ways. I make it as porridge, with raisins, overnight oats, with peanut butter added, as veggie oats or baked. This special recipe of baked oatmeal that I want to share with you has mashed very ripe banana added to it, yummy. I personally love banana in my baked things, it tastes so good, no wonder monkeys love eating it too, lol. I promise you that after tasting this, you will never want to eat oatmeal ordinarily again. I also added a bit of nutmeg and the flavour was divine when it was still baking, I felt like grabbing it right from the oven and start eating immediately. Well, I baked it in a cast iron pot,and pls don't tell anyone I told u so, :). I managed to take some pictures, though they were not very good. Try to follow the instructions carefully in order to have a good result.





© Maury's Blog

















Ingredients:

-1 Cup Rolled Oats

-2 Medium Ripe Bananas

-3/4 Cups Liquid Milk

-1 Medium or Large Egg

- Honey To Taste

-1 Tablespoon Margarine or Veggie Oil

-1 Teaspoon Baking Powder

- Pinch of Salt

-1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla

-1/4 Teaspoon Nutmeg



Directions:

1. Place the covered cast iron pot over low heat to heat up as you get the oatmeal ready.or preheat oven to 180 degrees.

2. Prepare an 8 inch round baking pan by grazing and dusting with flour, or place a baking paper in it and set aside.

3. Beat egg in a medium size bowl,add milk,mashed banana,honey, vanilla melted butter or vegetable oil and wisk to combine well.

4. In anther bowl mix oatmeal,baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and add to the bowl with liquid.

5. Combine well and pour the mixture in the Prepare pan and place in the heated pot or oven.

6. Bake for about 35-40 minutes until, it tests dry and there is no more liquid.

7. After 2 minutes in pan, remove and pace on a wire rack to cool slightly before serving.

8. Serve with fruits such as Papaya, tea, fruit juice, coffee or a glass of water. It's soooo delicious, Enjoy!!!.

© Maury's World

Please let me know if you tried it out and how it turned out for you., or u can share your own favourite recipe with me, cheers.

No comments: