Wednesday 21 September 2016

Irish Potato Salad The Way I Like It

There are times when you just do not feel like cooking any thing too heavy or rather you do not want to spend much time in the kitchen, but at the same time you want to fix something colourful, flavourful and so oh... delicious. If you go for potato salad believe me you will not be disappointed and will also be happy. And one last thing, your mouth starts to water when you are still putting the salad together, yes it looks that attractive, lol. When I made this recipe for the first time, my mum said" you have started with all this your "make make", I have not heard of this one before", well I told her to relax and watch me, when it was ready and I gave her her portion, she really liked it and said she will start making it too. I also wished i made more because i wanted more...Yea that's how palatable my potato salad tasted, and I have decided to share the recipe with you all my dear readers.



Irish Potato Salad Recipe

Cuisine: Continental
Course: Lunch







Ingredients:


- 5 or 6 Medium Irish Potatoes, peeled and washed



- 4 Large Carrots, lightly peeled and diced in cubes


- 1 Small Onion, sliced

- 1 Medium Celery Stalk, diced

- 2 Large Eggs, Hard Boiled, diced

- 4 or 5 Tablepoons Mayonnaise

- 3 Cups Water

- 1/4 Teaspoon  Salt





Instructions


1. Put washed peeled potatoes in a medium sized pot and add the water. Add salt, cover and boil till potatoes is done, but not too soft.


2. Drain water and pour refrigerated cold water on it. Allow to cool in water then remove from the water.

3. Cut potatoes into cubes. You have to do this carefully as you do not want it to look mushy.





4. In a medium bowl, add the diced potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, eggs, mayonnaise  and mix carefully with a spatula. Do not over mix to avoid crushing the potatoes.

5. Refrigerate salad for about 30-45 minutes. Serve alone or as you desire. Enjoy and bon apetit! !!


Helpful Tips

1. Do not over cook the potatoes in order to avoid making a mushy salad.

2. Salt the potatoes while cooking,this makes the salad to taste better.

3. Make sure to cool potatoes in cold water and allow to cook completely before cutting.




No comments: